Who we are and how to contact us
We are Know-it (Global) Ltd, the owner and operator of www.know-it.co.uk and app.know-it.co.uk.
Where we provide Services to you, Know-it is the processor, and you are the controller, of any third-party personal data you provide to us (such as your customers’ name, contact details, their customer and receivables information) to enable us to provide certain features the Services (“Third-Party Data”). The data processing provisions governing our use of such personal data are contained in our software terms and conditions with you. You must not input, upload, provide or otherwise make available to or through the Services any Third-Party Data unless you have a legal right to do so.
How we collect information and the data we collect
We collect information about you when you:
· Complete our website registration form (use the “Site”).
· An account is registered (use “Services”) :
· Request marketing material to be sent to you.
· Provide feedback or contact us
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers. Depending on the requirements, we may obtain the following:
· Personal information so that we can identify who you are and includes first name, last name and title.
· Contact Data so that we can includes business address, email address and telephone numbers. :
· Transactional/Usage Data that shows how you use our Site and Services; and details of any payments to us for products and services you have purchased from us.
· Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you.
· Third Party User Data includes email message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings when using our email integration services. To use our email services (Gmail or Office365), we require your explicit consent to allow us to collect your email details for the purpose of sending emails. We will not share your email address with any third parties.
· The Know-it app use and transfer of information received from Google APIs to any other app will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
· Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature.
We do not collect any “Special Category Data” (this includes details about your race, health, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or criminal convictions/offences).
Our site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our site is used. This enables us to improve our site and the products and services offered through it. We monitor patterns of usage so we can understand how users are using Know-it. This allows us to develop and improve our products. We monitor traffic information – visits to our website page, email clicks, purchases – to understand customer behaviour.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is up to date and accurate so please keep us informed of any changes during your relationship with us.
How we use your personal data
We use your information to:
· Register you as a new user.
· Supply our products and /or services to you.
· Manage your use of our application, products and services.
· Manage payments for our products and / or services.
· Personalise and tailor our products and / or services for you.
· Communicate with you including notifying you about any changes in our products/services.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes. This may include contacting you by email and/or text message and/or post with information, news and offers on our products and/or services.
We store or transfer your personal data within the UK and European Economic Area (the EEA). The EEA consists of all EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under Data Protection Legislation, GDPR and/or to equivalent standards by law.
We may use service providers based outside of the EEA. We take steps to ensure appropriate controls are in place to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection regulations.
Your account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. To avoid unauthorised access to your account, you should protect your password and ensure you log out of your account once you have finished the session. The security of personal information is extremely important to us and hence we have put in place appropriate security measures to protect personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you where we are legally required to do so.
How long we retain personal information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We may retain data for a longer period to respond fully to any questions or complaints.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email. Alternatively, email your request to [email protected].
If you wish to close your account and have your data deleted, email your request to [email protected].
Changes to this Policy
We may edit this policy from time to time. Please check this page regularly for any changes.
This policy was last updated September 2023.